We have a stay-cation coming up, beginning in just over two hours. I’ve been looking forward to another chance to “practice my retirement” for some time. The year 2014 hasn’t been good for time off–most of our attempts at vacations have gotten bollixed up or re-purposed by events and necessities. But for this one, we’ve pretty much cleared the decked halls of hurdles and complications.
So, what do I intend to do? Some of these things may sound mundane, but that’ll tell you what kind of year it’s been.
- Read a book. Yep. A whole book.
- Read the newspaper.
- Take walks around the lake.
- (Hopefully) get Pepper out of the shop and back on the road.
- Finish the winter clean-up in the gardens.
- Have my birthday sushi dinner (my birthday was three weeks ago).
- See a movie in the theater.
- Roast a capon.
Sometimes, it’s the little things.