Yesterday, Paige Nolley nominated this blog for a Liebster Award (Thanks, Paige!) The award is really sort of a vox populi way of shining a light on newer blogs (those with followers < 200), which means I most certainly qualify.
The procedure for award nominees is:
- Thank and link back to the giver.
- Answer the giver’s questions.
- ‘Nominate’ five other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
- Ask five questions for one’s nominees to answer.
- Post it all on one’s blog!
Since this is none too onerous, I’ll play. Being so new to blogging myself, though, I’m not sure if the blogs I’m nominating match the criteria, so to my nominees: no insult intended, I just like your blog.
Paige’s nomination questions (with my answers):
- If you could resurrect a deceased author to pick their brain over lunch, who would it be and why?
A: Marcel Proust, because I’d like to see that mind in action; I mean, did he talk like he wrote?
- If you were famous to the extent of JK Rowling, Stephen King, or Nora Roberts, would you embrace that fame or hide away? Why?
A: I’d only take as much fame as needed to get my books known. I’m not really good in spotlight situations (I hate it, in fact) but to a certain extent it’s part of the business. I wouldn’t embrace it, though. Far from it.
- What is your biggest inspiration as a writer?
A: The fact that I can read words and have an emotional response, it’s kind of a mystery to me, but a fascinating one. I love it when an author’s words move me, and I want to try to do the same for others.
- If you could have one super-power, what would it be and why?
A: Flight. No question. Flight. And because it would literally be a dream come true.
- What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do on your own?
A: The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do was to keep writing after my publisher canceled my series. Real hard.
My nominees for the Liebster (in no discernible order):
- The Wildflower Scout (beautiful photographs with hike/walk info)
- Creative Metaphor (an intrepid writer)
- Musings of a Steampunk (a first-time novelist)
- Ellis Nelson (another writer/novelist)
My questions for my nominees:
- What drives you as a creative artist (writer, blogger, photographer)?
- What’s your favorite breakfast?
- How have you benefited from blogging?
- Which artist’s/writer’s/actor’s work do you really enjoy, even though you don’t like the artist/writer/actor, and why?
- Who would you like to “shadow” for a week, to see how they really lived (pick anyone, living or dead, from any time period)?
Thanks again to Paige, and nominees, have fun!